THE STANLEY GIBBONS GROUP PLC
Environmental and Social (Sustainability) Policy
Introduction and aim
The Stanley Gibbons Group plc is a public company. Its shares are traded on AIM. It operates from four main sites in the UK (London x 2, Ringwood and Newbury) with smaller premises in Axbridge, Guernsey, Jersey and Hong Kong.
The Group’s main business activities are as follows:
Trading in stamps, coins, and other collectibles; dealing in antiques and works of art; philatelic and collectibles publishing and auctioneering.
We recognise that our operations result in emissions to air and water, and the generation of waste. It is our aim to comply with legislation and other requirements, continue to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and operate in an environmentally responsible manner. This Group-wide policy is part of our commitment to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment to as low a level as is practically possible and describes how we will go about achieving this aim.
We will –
- integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into our decision making and activities,
- promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner,
- train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work,
- treat our employees in a respectful, fair, non-exploitative way and provide working conditions that are safe,
- promote diversity and use hiring practices that are fair, responsible, non-discriminatory for our employees, board members and suppliers,
- manage our risks properly, use our economic power responsibly and operate our business in a way that is ethical and legal,
- reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable,
- promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facilities including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable,
- avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of,
- purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly,
- where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate programmes and policies,
- communicate our environmental commitment to suppliers, clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it,
- strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
This Environmental and Social Policy applies to all of our operations. Richard Purkis, Group Secretary is responsible for ensuring that the policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their areas to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We will ensure that resources are available to enable us to achieve our objectives and targets.
To achieve our aims we have set annual targets.
Monitoring and auditing
Progress against these annual targets will be monitored at Board meetings through the year.
This Policy will be reviewed annually and will be adapted to any future changes within our company or to any changes in legislation that apply to our business.
This Environmental and Social Policy is available to employees on the Group Intranet and on the Group’s website at www.stanleygibbons.com (About SG). Future paper based publications will bear the FSC certified logo, as applicable.
On behalf of The Stanley Gibbons Group plc