- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of all ledgers
- Managing the credit collection process and ensuring any issues in accounts receivable are promptly addressed.
- Performing bank reconciliations and management of bank accounts.
- Ensuring all inter-company transactions are properly recorded and balances reconciled.
- Reconciliation of other key balance sheet accounts.
- Payroll liaison with outsourcers for UK and overseas employees and preparation of the Jersey payroll.
- Calculating sales commissions for the investment team on a monthly basis, putting in place procedures to ensure that the correct information is captured to enable commissions to be easily understood.
- Ensuring that revenue recognition is correct by ensuring all cut-off procedures are documented and adhered to.
- Preparation of VAT and EC sales returns.
- Maintenance of dormant company ledgers and statutory accounts as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- A recognised Accountancy qualification [ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalents] with 2-3 years’ PQE.
- Have worked in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of high volume retail operations would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong numeric and analytical skills
- Fluency in Excel
- Working IT knowledge (e.g. Microsoft packages)
- Able to lean and fully understand new enterprise accounting systems
- Able to work as a team
- Ability to quickly learn and fully understand new enterprise accounting systems.
- Can do attitude
- Commercially focused
- Positive attitude
- Drive to see tasks through to completion
Forward CVs on to Career@stanleygibbons.com